WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A hands-on leader who is not scared of complex problems. Someone who is not afraid to dive into the nitty-gritty of every area in a company that has doubled its business dimension every year since 2020. Someone who is eager to work in a startup collaborative environment and who excels at prioritizing tasks and defining what’s urgent, in a business that is constantly evolving.
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the company's fintech products and services. This includes overseeing customer support to promoters (borrowers), automating processes and financial operations to ensure efficient and effective delivery of products and services to our customers (borrowers and lenders).
ABOUT THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and perform financial and legal operations, including internal core processes, forecasting, and reporting.
- Implement and maintain automation processes to improve operational efficiency and reduce manual errors.
- Work with the compliance team to develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement process improvements, optimizing their efficiency and productivity.
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators to measure and improve operational performance.
- Ensure that our users' inquiries and issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner with a hands-on approach while optimizing processes.
- Manage and mentor the operations team members to achieve their full potential.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including Product, to identify and prioritize opportunities and features to accelerate business growth and user satisfaction.
- Create simple, scalable solutions that keep pace with our ambitious growth plans.
- You have 3+ years of experience in operations management with a focus on automation, preferably within the fintech landscape.
- You have strong organizational and management skills – and a good eye for detail.
- You have a strong analytical and problem-solving mindset – and master MS Excel.
- You have experience with financial operations and budgeting.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have experience with automation tools and systems.
- Fluent in English (Portuguese is a bonus)
Bonus points for
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements in the fintech industry.
- Experience in the start-up world and/or in the finance or banking industries.
- International work experience.
- Knowledge of financial concepts.
- Experience with CRM tools (eg. Hubspot, Zendesk).
- Knowledge of data analytics tools (eg. Google Data Studio, Power BI)
- Experience in team management.
Commitment and availability
- Passion for sustainability, social entrepreneurship, finance, and innovation.
- Attentive to others and ability to work effectively with a multinational team (we are an English first company, so you need to have good communication skills in English).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- A positive, constructive, and proactive attitude when facing new challenges, including the ones that are not part of your job description, whenever necessary.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A team of very different people, in whose diversity we find collaboration, talent and companionship.
- Opportunity to be part of a fast-growing European impact fintech.
- A start-up experience with the freedom to choose between remote work and working in a spectacular impact community of which we are a part - Casa do Impacto (Lisbon).
- An excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth aligned with the company’s growth and its impact on the world.
- A list of benefits that increase as you grow.
Location: Our main office is in Lisbon, Portugal (Casa do Impacto). We are remote-flexible and there are several people in the team working fully remotely.
HOW TO APPLY - Applications are closed for this role
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age or ability. We want every colleague to feel included and able to perform their work with independence and well-being.
We are open to accommodate accessibility requests and if you need support in the recruitment process, please get in touch with Iara Comunello Martins (hiring contact person for this position) at email@example.com.
Attach your CV and a motivational paragraph and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through Linkedin.
All candidates will be informed about the pre-selection results. The candidates selected for the next phase will be informed about the following procedures and the date for the interview.
Screening interviews will start mid-March.
Expected start date: April.