WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A self-motivated hands-on team player eager to work in a startup collaborative environment, and to be constantly learning, while taking full responsibility for their tasks. A positive force who can adapt their communication to different audiences while showing empathy. Someone who is a “doer”, not a dreamer, and who always finds a way.
As a Finance Specialist, you will assist and support Goparity’s Finance team with accounting and controlling tasks.
ABOUT THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly accounts closing.
- Assist with the preparation of annual audits.
- Ensure compliance with internal accounting procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Maintain and document the existing and new internal accounting procedures and controls.
- Comply with local government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Assist in the monthly payroll processing.
- Collaboration with third-party service providers.
- You are a fluent Portuguese and English speaker.
- You are detail-oriented and able to demonstrate great analytical skills.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or a related field.
- You are good with excel.
- You are a creative and resourceful person, always thinking about strategies to solve recurring (or not) problems.
- You are discrete and reliable.
- You know how to keep your files and folders super organized.
- You are results-driven and solution-oriented.
Commitment and availability
- Passion for sustainability, social entrepreneurship, finance, and innovation.
- Attentive to others and ability to work effectively with a multinational team (we are an English first company, so you need to have good communication skills in English).
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Availability to accept challenges that are not part of your job description, whenever necessary
- A positive, constructive, and proactive attitude when facing new challenges.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A team of very different people, in whose diversity we find collaboration, talent and companionship.
- Opportunity to be part of a fast-growing European fintech.
- A start-up experience with the freedom to choose between remote work and working in a spectacular impact community of which we are a part - Casa do Impacto (Lisbon)
- An excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth aligned with the company’s growth and its impact on the world.
- A list of benefits that increase as you grow.
Location: Our main office is in Lisbon, Portugal (Casa do Impacto). We are remote-flexible and there are several people in the team working fully remotely.
Expect start date: as soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age or ability. We want every colleague to feel included and able to perform their work with independence and well-being.
We are open to accommodate accessibility requests and if you need support in the recruitment process, please get in touch with Rita Costa (HR representative) at email@example.com.
Attach your CV and a motivational paragraph and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through Linkedin.
All candidates will be informed about the pre-selection results. The candidates selected for the next phase will be informed about the following procedures and the date for the interview.