WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A self-motivated hands-on team player eager to work in a startup collaborative environment, and to be constantly learning, while taking full responsibility for their tasks. A positive force who can adapt their communication to different audiences while showing empathy. Someone who is a “doer”, not a dreamer, and who always finds a way.
ABOUT THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, build and implement a compliance framework to ensure the Company meets its regulatory responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain appropriate policies, procedures, systems, and controls in relation to regulatory compliance.
- Design and implement a compliance monitoring plan to assess those systems and controls and work with the team to deliver the program and provide remediation plans where required.
- Liaise with all areas of the business to provide sound advice and guidance in relation to regulatory matters and consider the regulatory risks associated with new business initiatives.
- Deliver a training and competency framework across the team.
- Effectively deal with any complaints raised by clients.
- Be directly responsible for ensuring the appropriateness of the client on-boarding and client money flow processes, and manage any outsourcing arrangements in this regard.
- Review and investigate any higher-risk clients where required, including PEPs.
- Provide detailed management information to the Board, including the delivery of KRIs/KPIs.
- Act as a point of contact for regulatory bodies, auditors, group companies and external organizations, as appropriate and provide relevant reports where required.
- Keep up to date with key changes to regulation and legislation that will affect the business.
- You are a fluent Portuguese and English speaker.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in law.
- You have 2-5 years relevant compliance experience.
- You have proven experience as a Compliance Officer or Compliance Manager.
- You have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- You are a creative and resourceful person, always thinking about strategies to solve recurring (or not) problems.
- You are discrete and reliable.
- You are results-driven and solution-oriented.
Bonus points for
- You have proven experience in the financial services sector.
Commitment and availability
- Passion for sustainability, social entrepreneurship, finance, and innovation.
- Attentive to others and ability to work effectively with a multinational team (we are an English first company, so you need to have good communication skills in English).
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Availability to accept challenges that are not part of your job description, whenever necessary
- A positive, constructive, and proactive attitude when facing new challenges.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A team of very different people, in whose diversity we find collaboration, talent and companionship.
- Opportunity to be part of a fast-growing European fintech.
- A start-up experience with the freedom to choose between remote work and working in a spectacular impact community of which we are a part - Casa do Impacto (Lisbon)
- An excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth aligned with the company’s growth and its impact on the world.
- A list of benefits that increase as you grow.
Location: Our main office is in Lisbon, Portugal (Casa do Impacto). We are remote-flexible and there are several people in the team working fully remotely.
Expect start date: as soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age or ability. We want every colleague to feel included and able to perform their work with independence and well-being.
We are open to accommodate accessibility requests and if you need support in the recruitment process, please get in touch with Rita Costa (HR representative) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attach your CV and a motivational paragraph and send them to email@example.com or apply through Linkedin.
All candidates will be informed about the pre-selection results. The candidates selected for the next phase will be informed about the following procedures and the date for the interview.